Russell County Public Works
Russell County is located in the state of Kansas. As of the 2010 census, the population was 6,970. The largest city and county seat is Russell. Russell County Public Works is made up of the Road and Bridge Department, Noxious Weed Department, and the County Landfill.
Due to damages to roads and bridges caused by the recent rains, the County and various Townships have been forced to temporarily close the following roads until further notice. As repairs are made and roads are re-opened we will update this list. Thank you for your patience..
- 204th St. & Stickney Rd. – closed approximately 1/2 mile south on 204th St.
- 196th Street one mile from Stickney Rd. to Michaelis Rd. (Russell County)
With the warmer weather our road crews are working to repair and improve Russell County’s roadways. Please be patient and considerate for the safety of our road workers.
TIPS TO FOLLOW IN WORK ZONES
- Follow traffic control (signs, flaggers, cones, etc.)
- Stay alert and watch for workers
- Slow down!
- Expect short delays
- Allow ample space between vehicles and workers